Session 1: Use Microsoft Outlook to the Fullest Extent - It's Money in Your Pocket!
Duration: 75 minutes
The first step in using Microsoft Outlook to the fullest extent is to evaluate how you and your team members are using Microsoft Outlook. If Outlook is used mainly to send and receive email and to record appointments and meetings, about 85% of the power of Microsoft Outlook is being left unused. In this session you will learn how to customize the Calendar for productivity, overcoming hurdles that delay the completion of tasks and projects while creating a methodical way to meet deadlines. With this session, you can be assured nothing slips through the cracks.
This session includes how to:
- Use the calendar to manage the daily work flow and keep track of sensitive deadlines
- Estimate the time tasks take and complete work within the identified time frame
- Never miss a meeting
- Use categories to help sort information in all folders: Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Inbox
- Use the Outlook Calendar to provide a workload overview
- Pace daily productivity
- Keep a track of project deadlines
- Ensure you keep a track of personal "life balance" activities
- Use Categories to help you sort information
- Use the "All day event" designation for your advantage
- Stop procrastination
Session 2: Meeting Project Deadlines Using Microsoft Outlook Tasks
Duration: 90 minutes
Well-known business writer Tom Peters asked, "How does a major project get to be a year late?" And then he answered his own question: "One day at a time." Sign your project team up for this session and they will be able to keep their projects moving down the tracks at a steady speed and finish by the deadline.
Getting team members on the same wavelength, channeling their energy, and keeping them on track to finish on time takes meticulous planning and execution. In the planning and execution phase of projects, Microsoft Outlook can prove to be a valid and valuable tool. There is no need to purchase any additional, expensive project management software.
This session teaches the secrets of making Outlook a reliable tool for exponential productivity on a personal level as well as on a project team level. When the principles are implemented, you and your unit will gain company-wide recognition for completing your projects on time.
A key component is using Task folder. With the task assignment feature in the Tasks folder, project managers can receive up-to-date information on the status of assigned tasks for each team member.
Every team member will benefit professionally as they:
- Use the tasks folder to organize complex work requests
- Record and remember all assignments and deadlines
- Prioritize delegated tasks and projects
- Create new folders for multifaceted projects
- Capture all details of every project
- Customize column headings in Task folders enabling the user to view project-relevant information
- Tailor reminder windows with REAL information
- Identify the differences between the To-Do List, Tasks, and the To-Do Bar
- Take advantage of the Assign Tasks feature
- Record details and time spent on each assignment
- Use the Tasks folder and the Calendar in tandem to plot mid-assignment check points
Using the tips and techniques taught in this session will enable your entire team to stop spinning their wheels in unproductive activities. They will leave the office on time with a calm feeling that their assignments are well under control.
Session 3: Surviving Email Avalanche: Take Control of Your Inbox
Duration: 45 minutes
When you are in snowy mountains, you take great care to avoid areas where an avalanche might occur. In the workplace, you want to avoid an avalanche of emails dumping into your inbox on a daily basis.
In this session, you will learn to dig out from the heavy load of tasks that arrive via email and work from a cleaner Outlook Inbox. You will gain the skills to reduce what flows into your Inbox while expediting email processing.
You'll get quick tips for processing email in Outlook that can save you precious minutes every day and help you leave work on time. You'll be amazed at how many features the Outlook Inbox has that can help you organize, sort and prioritize email – enabling you to stay on top of urgent tasks and project deadlines. You'll work faster and smarter as you process email and benefit from instructions to:
- Clear your Inbox every day
- Handle work assigned to you via email
- Use reminders effectively
- Organize and search for emails you need to keep
- Use "Favorites" to highlight frequently used folders
- Move email automatically to selected folders
- Understand features such as "Ignore," and "Clean Up"
- Group conversation topics with "Show As Conversations"
- Take advantage of voting buttons
Session 4: Outlook on Steroids: Tips for the Advanced User
Duration: 30 minutes
Now that you have conquered the Calendar, Tasks and Inbox, this session will teach you advanced techniques to further customize Outlook to your personality, job, and work habits. As you examine the additional features explored in this session, you'll discover that if you know what you want to do in Outlook, you can find a way to do it. It's like programming your productivity!
In this advanced session you will learn how to:
- Set conditional formatting
- Choose personal folder options in the File Tab
- Use the Rules Wizard
- Give delegate access to calendars and tasks
- Customize signatures and use them in innovative ways
- Archive information
- Move PST files to another computer
- Use simple keyboard shortcuts
Q&A after the session:
Duration: 30 minutes
Who Should Attend
- Employees who use Microsoft Outlook for just email
- Administrative personnel
- Team leaders
- Team members
- Project managers
- Managers at all levels of the company
- Sales professionals
- Sales managers
- Customer service personnel